Thursday 12 November 2020

Street Portrait

One of my recent street Portraits, a colourful girl in China town, London. Late September, 2020. I vary my tactics with street photography, sometimes I engage with people, sometimes I just grab the shot and carry on walking. Obviously with street portraits one has to have some kind of conversation with the subject. I find most people are happy to pose. I used a bit of flash for this one as it was getting dark, and it helped to bring out the colours more. Taken with a Canon 40D and a 24mm f2.8 prime lens, on the crop sensor of the 40D its approx 38/40mm focal length in 35mm film terms, which I like for street work. Though I use various lenses, inbetween 24mm to 80mm range, I dont have much use for long lenses and rarely go beyond 80mm

No comments: