Thursday 12 November 2020

Short bio, introduction.

As an experienced photographer I use it to express my artistic vision. I sometimes indulge in City/landscapes. But my real passion is street photography/social documentary. I exhibit my work in both solo and collaborative shows. My last exhibition (pre lockdowns) was a collection of my Street Portraits @ my pop up gallery in Hull City Centre, where it was well received, lots of great comments... "I’ve enjoyed looking at your photos more then a lot of art I’ve seen" With street portraits I'm often drawn to people living on the edges of society, eccentric characters etc and I enjoy engaging with them in the process. I have some new projects in the pipeline, depending on funding. 

For me street photography is almost a form of meditation, while walking and exploring I get lost in my own world and thoughts. I photograph anything that inspires me at the time, be it a street shot, a portrait or a Cityscape. I don't like to over contextualize my work, it is what it is and I prefer the viewer brings their own experiences and interpretations, we all see differently. There is in my opinion an overuse of contextual concern in visual Art, I appreciate its often important to the subject but I believe any image or artwork should grab the viewer’s attention on many levels, without having to read endless and often pretentious contextual blurb in order to get it. "Art is not about something, art is something" - Sarah Bernhardt. 

I have been inspired by all the greats of photography, such as Henrie C Bresson, I like the surrealism influence in Bressons work, Robert Capa, Eve Arnold, Weegee, Ansel Adams, Sebastio Salgado, and Don McCullin to name a few.  

I use Instagram as an online gallery, all my new work can be seen there... @ Streetshootertim

 Contact info:

I am based in Hull, East Yorkshire, UK

Email: timev@gmx.com    Phone: UK 07434317998


No comments: