As an experienced photographer, (I have done it professionally but am just into the art side of it now) I use and enjoy the medium to express my artistic vision. Sometimes I indulge in Cityscapes, but my passion is street photography/social documentary, I love the unpredictability and challenge of it. I exhibit my work in both solo and collaborative shows. My last solo exhibition was a collection of my Street Portraits @ my pop up gallery in Hull City Centre, where it was well received, lots of great comments... "I’ve enjoyed looking at your photos more then a lot of art I’ve seen" I have also exhibited at established galleries such as the Islington Arts Factory, London (sadly no more, the building got sold) and the Greenpoint gallery in NYC, amongst other venues. My Cityscapes sell well wherever I have had them on show. With street photography I'm often drawn to people living on the edges of society, eccentric characters etc and I enjoy engaging with them in the process of making portraits.
It's an ongoing project, I have a large body of work which is constantly updating, growing. While walking and exploring with my camera I get lost in my own world and thoughts, it's almost a form of meditation, I photograph anything that inspires me at the time, be it a street shot, a portrait or a Cityscape. Though I am very particular, I pick my shots... always looking for something different or better. Stay hungry, once you believe that you are accomplished you've lost the plot! Street photography is recording social documentary in real time, ergo today's street photography is tomorrow's social history. I don't like to over contextualize my work, I prefer the viewer brings their own experiences and interpretations, we all see differently. "Art is not about something, art is something" - Sarah Bernhardt. Mostly using Instagram now for sharing my work online, all my latest images can be seen there.
Contact info:
I am based in Hull, East Yorkshire, UK
Email: timev@gmx.com
No comments:
Post a Comment