A couple of shots I took recently with the Canon EF 16-35mm f4 lens, both in Scarborough, Yorkshire coast, UK. I've had this lens for a while now but only just got around to using it in action so to speak. It's not a lens I will use a great deal but it will get used, most of my street photography is done with the Canon EF 24-70mm f4 or the Canon EF 35mm f2 IS lens. I did have the 17-40mm f4 which is great at the long end 40mm but I thought it was lacking a bit on the wide end, this 16-35 just looks cleaner and sharper over more of the frame, with added IS too. I also recently got a Canon EF 100mm f2.8, Macro IS lens which again I've not used it in action yet, but just trying it out I like it already, exceptional image quality. Though there's a lot more to a good photo than IQ, but it's nice to have good tools. It is also a lens I probably won't use a lot, but who knows I might explore macro photography at some point?
The street portrait below is a Liverpudlian holidaymaker, enjoying an ice cream on the seafront, (as you can see it's a versatile lens) She caught my eye crossing the road because of how diddy she looked struggling to cross with her walker and ice cream in hand. She could be from Knotty Ash, for those who don't get the pun, search Ken Dodd and his diddy men, a late great comedian from Liverpool.
Street Portrait.


No comments:
Post a Comment