Sunday 21 May 2023

Interesting turn of events

 

I took this street portrait a few months ago in Leeds, actually in a shop. Her natural beauty caught my eye, thought she looked like a young Audrey Hepburn. And the background also caught my attention, gives it a surreal look, (HC Bresson was influenced by the surrealists in Paris, it shows in his work) I couldn’t resist getting a few portraits of her. It turns out she is the daughter of the actor Mark Jordon, Heartbeat, etc. He reached out to me on Instagram asking if he could buy a print, and praising my photography. We exchanged a few messages, obviously I didn’t know him before then but he sounds like a very generous, genuine, good guy…”a great eye you have, sir” he said. I love getting great comments/feedback from people who know what they are talking about, people who work in the visual arts, I often get really good comments from artists and good photographers saying things like “you have an amazing gallery” it means more to me than hundreds of likes. In fact Instagram is a bit of a mystery to me in that respect, I see some really great photographers who hardly get any attention, or likes and I also see some really mediocre, boring photography getting hundreds, thousands of likes! What’s all that about?

No comments: