Thursday, 5 August 2010

From a previous Life, travels with a Kodak Instamatic.

The Taj Mahal, Agra. 1980.

This is an ancient Hindu Temple, the iron pillar never rusts, the last time I saw it on a t.v. programe it was all fenced off so people could not touch it. North India, 1980.

Snake charmers? New Delhi. 1980.

I think this was inside the Red fort of Agra, dont remember exactly. 1980.

Street photography Iranian style. Downtown Tehran 1978.

I took this from the roof of the Youth Hostel I was staying at, near Ferdowsie Avenue, Tehran, Iran. The islamic revolutionarys had just attacked a Bank. It was under martial Law at the time, the Sha's Military were all over the place, lots of fighting/demonstrations on the streets and the army were using live rounds on the then unarmed demonstrators. Central Tehran, 1978.

Downtown Tehran 1978, I tried 'repairing' the mountains in photoshop, because the prints are so old and faded you could not distinguish the mountains in the background from the sky. I did not do a very good job of it.

The Blue Mosque, Istanbul. 1978.

Mount Blanc on the Border of France and Italy. 1978.

From a previous life: 1978-80 travels with a Kodak Instamatic. I took the above images long before I became a serious photographer, back in 1978 - 80, I was 19 or 20 years old at the time. I travelled overland to India, well that was the plan, I became sort of stranded in Tehran, Iran for 3 months during the onset of the Islamic revolution. I quite like some of the images, even if I say so myself. I wish I had have been into photography back then, I could have got some great documentary type images in Iran. I have a lot more then this, I just scanned some I liked, the original prints are small about 3inch square, and are not in great condition, mainly because of their age. And the Kodak instamatic camera I used to take these were not great cameras, just a cheap compact type camera, it was not even 35mm film, something smaller, the film was in a cartridge which just pushed into the back of the camera, I remember it had rotating flash cubes you could mount on it, LOL. Footnote: All the above images in this post are Copyright Tim Everett Photography.

No comments: